WATERBURY, Conn., July 16, 2018 – Webster Bank, N.A. has received an Outstanding rating from its primary regulator, the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), for its Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Performance Evaluation. This is the highest possible rating given by the OCC, which charters, regulates and supervises all national banks and federal savings associations, as well as federal branches and agencies of foreign banks, for sound fiscal operations, fair access to services, fiduciary responsibility and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
"The Outstanding CRA rating is a result of the dedicated efforts by our bankers and is symbolic of the way we operate our business, deliver for our customers and support the communities where we live and work," said President and CEO John Ciulla. "This recognition is a testament to our enduring Webster values and sets us apart competitively in the marketplace."
The OCC reviews a bank's performance for lending, investment and services to low- and moderate-income communities. Webster's evaluation covered its CRA Assessment Areas (AAs) in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York from 2014 to 2017.
Specifically, Webster Bank was recognized in these key areas:
- Excellent overall lending activity reflecting responsiveness and penetration given the highly competitive markets.
- Good distribution of home mortgage lending to customers of different income levels and business customers of different sizes.
- Flexible loan products, offered mainly through government programs, for both consumers and small businesses.
- An excellent level of qualified community development investments and grants, demonstrating good responsiveness to credit and community economic development needs. High quality investments in mortgage backed and other securities that support access to credit.
- Accessible services to essentially all portions of the bank's Assessment Areas and to individuals of different income levels.
Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, National Association and its HSA Bank division. With $26.8 billion in assets, Webster provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, financial planning, trust, and investment services through 163 banking centers and 329 ATMs. Webster also provides mobile and Internet banking. Webster Bank owns the asset-based lending firm Webster Business Credit Corporation; the equipment finance firm Webster Capital Finance Corporation; and HSA Bank, a division of Webster Bank, which provides health savings account trustee and administrative services. Webster Bank is a member of the FDIC and an equal housing lender. For more information about Webster, including past press releases and the latest annual report, visit the Webster website at www.websterbank.com.
SOURCE Webster Bank, N.A.