Webster Bank Announces Support for Customers and Communities in Response to COVID-19
"We recognize that the emergence of COVID-19, and the dramatic steps we all must take to curtail its spread, will create financial and other challenges for our customers and communities," said
For Our Customers
To support Webster customers affected by the pandemic, effective immediately our bankers are ready to provide several flexible service options to alleviate financial pressures, including:
- Increased, individualized daily Webster debit card spending limits
- Waived penalties for early CD withdrawals up to
- Increased, individualized remote deposit limits
- Options for payment deferrals on mortgages, home equity or personal loans, and small business loans, based on need
- Expedited SBA application process for qualified businesses impacted directly or indirectly by the pandemic, including vendors or other external business partners
In addition, Webster is placing a 90-day foreclosure moratorium on Webster residential loans.
Our bankers are our strongest asset, and we are taking steps to keep them safe so they can continue to deliver exceptional service for our customers. All Webster customers are encouraged to bank remotely by using convenient and secure online banking and the mobile app.
For Our Communities
Consistent with our commitment to the communities we serve, Webster will donate
For 85 years, Webster has been part of the communities where we live and work. We will continue our service as we work to keep our customers, bankers and communities safe in this challenging environment.